Friday, October 3, 2008

I've Got a Secret!

If you have not heard about the book and movie called "The Secret" yet, where have you been? There are entire websites devoted to explaining exactly how to "work" this Law of Attraction so that you consistently attract all the wonderful things you desire into your life like love, money, success and so on. I have actually read a few messages on this, and while my own personal opinion is that it is kind of "New Age," I was surprised to realize my own secret.

God knew the secret before anyone else! That may surprise you but not me. What did surprise me was just how closely the principles of "The Secret" follow biblical principles. According to the Bible in Proverbs 23:7 "As a man thinks, so is he." Well we know, from common sense and personal experience if nothing else, that we pretty much become whatever we think - "where the mind goes, the man (or woman) follows." Consistently, day after day, feed on negative, defeating thoughts and no matter how hard you may try otherwise, you will not be successful. You will end up defeated and negative, just as you thought! The opposite also holds true. Regardless of your situation in the natural - if you train yourself to think positive, faith-filled, uplifting thoughts of success and blessing - you will see those things come to pass as well.

From what I've read, affirmations - saying what you want to attract - are also very important. God tells us in Mark 11:23 that we can have what we say. We call them faith confessions and we also speak what we desire, as long as it aligns with God's Word.

The way I see it, the real secret is faith in God, the One Who created us. I realize it isn't as popular or "politically correct" - but I really don't care! People seem willing to buy books, tapes, movies and invest in seminars and courses that basically will tell them the same thing God has said for thousands of years. But they think the Bible is boring, out of date, irrelevant. I beg to differ.

There are life and success coaches who specifically use The Secret as their foundational teaching. They have built entire businesses upon that. I give them credit. As a biblical health coach I use the nutritional and health principles God set forth in the Bible and they are as relevant and effective today as when He first said them. In fact, almost daily science is revealing the truth of scripture particularly in the area of health. If you are interested in knowing more about this, visit http://fatherreallydoesknowbest.blogspot.com/.

I guess we all believe pretty much the same thing whether we realize it or not because it is based on "laws." Laws are those principles that do not and cannot change. It is how the world is created to work. Gravity is one of those laws in the physical realm. You may not believe in it, but whether you do or not, if you jump off a building, the law goes into effect. If you work it, it works - every time! Faith is one of those laws whether you call it manifesting or attracting or faith!

Well, from what I see, the principles behind The Secret originated with God and so of course they work. You may want to give the credit for your success to The Secret. That's fine. I prefer to give the glory and honor to God, the Creator and Originator of every good and perfect gift. It's one way I get back to basic health, specifically spiritual health, which is every bit as important as physical or emotional health.

My affirmation for you is this: I wish you health, wholeness and abundance in every area of your life - spirit, soul and body!

No comments: