Monday, September 14, 2009

For Such a Time As This!

As I was driving recently the scripture from Esther came to my mind: 4:14 "...who can say but that you have been elevated to the palace for just such a time as this?" Of course that was Esther's uncle Mordecai telling her that God may have allowed her to become Queen specifically because He knew that she would be in the perfect position to save her people from destruction.

It occurred to me that it's true of every one of us! No, we are not all in positions of royalty or power. We are not all called to save an entire nation from destruction. But we have all been placed here on this earth, in the specific place we live, and at this particular time because we are meant to impact our little part of the world and the people we love and live with and come in contact with on a daily basis!

I know some people think they're just a secretary or just a mom or just a teacher. There is no "just" about it! God doesn't make mistakes. He doesn't do anything without purpose. His thoughts are always higher than ours and He knows the end from the beginning so He always knows best!

I think the key here is to be mindful. Pay attention to the people around you and the opportunities God places before you to be a blessing in some way. Maybe just your smiling face and genuine greeting this morning may change a person's whole day! Your positive attitude and excellent work ethic may just change the entire atmosphere at your job.

Maybe you are in a particular job at this particular time because you are meant to interact with a specific person - either for their benefit or for yours! I worked for a law firm years ago and my boss was a very difficult man. I remember leaving work more often than not with my stomach in knots and my head throbbing. More than once I felt like I had to just leave that job even though I really loved the people I worked with and made some lifelong friends. I put feelers out for another position and doors remained closed so I took that to mean I was to stay put.

I was asked by one of the other girls in the office to be in her wedding party. I was paired with her brother-in-law, whom I have been happily married to for 26 years! Had I left, perhaps I would not have been able to accept her invitation to be in her wedding party and would not have met my husband. God has us strategically placed - I believe that!

So if you are unhappy where you are or if you feel what you are doing is unimportant and are waiting for something better - change your outlook. Nothing is unimportant and everyone has a purpose. God has a plan for each of us. It's up to us to be sensitive to His leading and make the most of where we are right now.

That's basic.

1 comment:

Nick Jones said...

Hello,

Today I browsed through your blog and found it very informative with rich content. I would like to appreciate you for your great effort behind making such a great blog with reach content in the very competitive industry.

Hexpress is a Niche Health Affiliate Network dealing with both CPA and CPL campaigns for US, Canada, UK and entire Europe market that includes France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Sweden, Spain, Austria, and Denmark.

Join Hexpress online clinic affiliate program for pharma products - You will right away get 25 GBP in your account for simply putting a link or banner on your web page

Jay Marsh
Manager - Hexpress Affiliate program
Email|MSN: jay.marsh@hexpress.net